A popular plastic surgery procedure in Lubbock is sometimes called a Mommy Makeover. The name can be deceiving as a Mommy Makeover is not just one procedure but an individualized combination of plastic surgery options. The goal of the surgery is to change the effects of childbirth on a woman’s body. After pregnancy and nursing, stomach muscles weaken and abdominal skin sags or loosens. Breasts are deflated and droopy. Often a woman’s body can have stubborn pockets of fat that are unresponsive to diet and exercise. Childbirth is an exciting and emotionally fulfilling life event, and now with proven surgical techniques, a post-childbirth body can regain the firm, youthful look it once had.
A few procedures that work well together to improve the appearance of both belly and breasts are:
- Breast Augmentation— helps breasts that have lost volume and enhances fullness with breast implants.
- Breast Lift— works well with breast augmentation, reduction, or on its own, reshaping sagging breasts and enhancing contour.
- Breast Reduction— benefits women who feel they have too much breast tissue. A reduction will give better symmetry and shape, and relieve discomfort caused by larger breasts.
- Liposuction— targets stubborn pockets of fat to enhance your body’s contour.
- Tummy Tuck— takes care of stretched and hanging skin. Be sure you discuss with your doctor concerns about past scars and stretch marks.
It’s important to communicate clearly with your doctor your cosmetic expectations and to consult on which procedures are best for your body type. If you are thinking about a Mommy Makeover, make sure you are in good health, are at a stable weight, and have realistic expectations of your surgical results. We can’t completely stop the effects of aging or life changes on our bodies, but with a Mommy Makeover, Lubbock women can turn back the clock a few years.
At Rowley Plastic Surgery, you have access to a caring, board certified plastic surgeon. Dr. Jane Rowley feels that the best results from plastic surgery start with a careful consultation with the patient. Patients seeking greater confidence in their physical appearance know they are in good hands with the experience of Dr. Rowley and her staff.
Call today to learn more about your Mommy Makeover possibilities.