When you think about plastic surgery, the typical cosmetic procedures that come to mind are probably breast reduction or implant procedures, facelifts, and tummy tucks. Our Lubbock office supports all types of work to help you reach your goals when it comes to your body. One of those surgeries is an arm lift. For those with excess or stretched skin along the back of the arm, you may be a good candidate for removing what has lovingly been referred to by some people as “grandma arms”.
A good candidate includes the following:
- You have either lost a significant amount of weight that has left you with excess arm skin
- You have relaxed arm skin due to aging
- You do not smoke or are willing to commit to a smoke-free lifestyle before and after the procedure
- You are committed to a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise and a well-balanced diet
- Your general health is good, and you have no medical conditions that would increase risks
- Your weight is relatively stable and in a healthy range
If you meet all of the criteria above, you may be a good candidate for this procedure. It is important to remember that any plastic surgery, from the tummy tuck to the breast reduction, is not a substitute for a healthy diet or routine exercise, but instead a supplement to achieve the desired body shape when already maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Often the process of tightening the arm skin is paired with liposuction to remove the deposits of fat in the same area. Consult with your doctor in our Lubbock office to decide if one or both of these procedures is needed for you to achieve your desired results.
Dr. Jane Rowley is a board certified plastic surgeon who will carefully listen to the feelings and expectations of her patients. Her goal is that each patient goes into any procedure with the information needed for the best result possible. Visit the clinic and meet her caring staff. You can schedule a no-obligation consultation and discuss your options in discovering greater confidence in your physical appearance.