Any surgical procedure will have a price tag associated with it, but the cost of a breast reduction can be covered by your insurance under the right circumstances. You have two major conditions at play when trying to get your reduction costs covered: your body and your insurance type. Not all breast reductions are the same, and some situations will merit coverage when others will not. And, again, not all Lubbock insurance coverage is the same, and not all doctors and procedures are covered by every plan.
- Start by contacting your insurance provider directly. This will give you the opportunity to get general information about whether a breast reduction is potentially covered by your insurance plan. It will also give you the opportunity to ensure your board certified plastic surgeon of choice is within your network of coverage.
- You’ll most likely need an evaluation from a surgeon to meet specific requirements established by your Lubbock insurance provider to cover the breast reduction. Criteria may include:
- An estimate of at least 500 grams (half of a pound) will be removed from each breast
- Documentation of injury (like back pain) due to the large size of your breasts
- Documentation that the surgery is needed in order to correct the disabling symptoms
- Photographic documentation
Essentially, insurance companies are often looking for proof that the breast reduction is medically necessary and not just a cosmetic surgery for appearance purposes only. Patients can work with the staff at our Lubbock office to coordinate insurance billing. If the procedure is deemed medically necessary after a consultation with Dr. Jane Rowley, insurance may cover all or part of the surgery and the hospital costs for your procedure and recovery care. Dr. Rowley sees many happy patients after their plastic surgery, but patients who have a breast reduction are some of the most satisfied patients. Call for your no-obligation consultation today. www.rowleyplasticsurgery.com